on improving innovation capacity of manufacturing SMEs:
- Wider applicability scope (new material, new parts) of AM metal technologies. SMEs working in AM will aim at additional sectors/customers, not being so limited by material choice.
- Industrial workflow on material handling and processing, that will improve competitiveness on processing multiple materials for AM SMEs.
- Increase of market share for specialty powder companies, usually SMEs.
- Making nanotechnology companies to have access to the AM market.
on widening the range of available AM materials:
- Increase of the range of AM applications through higher performance materials.
- Transferable workflow that will make possible other nano-additived metallic powders.
on adding functionality on AM parts:
- Simplification of assembly and machining through the combination of AM and improved properties.
- Increased temperature applications could be considered for the developed material.
on the identification of future development needs in … standardization for material and process quality:
- Experimental data available for qualification routes.
- Actively contributing to standardization efforts in the relevant committees through partners.
on promoting safe-by-design approaches and contributing towards the framework of EU nanosafety and regulatory strategies:
- Circulation of information into EU nanosafety clusters and actors.
- Inclusion of project findings into the review of the Nanosafety Strategic Research Agenda.
on the European position on AM :
- Contribution to the research efforts in the main European AM roadmaps.
- Widening the applicability scope (new material, new applications) of AM metal technologies, where Europe is leader.
- Providing competitive advantage to European AM powder manufacturers, through the inclusion of radically new materials in their offer, and also developing the knowledge to process new nanoadditived materials.